Don't rely on the flatmate suggestions here! It's matching me with places that don't allow pets - I NEED PET FRIENDLY.
Hi I am a single, clean, fairly quiet, Australian male. I work 2 IT jobs: 1 full-time and the other I work from home outside business hours (it is quiet work).
I'm looking to live with fellow Australians that genuinely want to get to know me and socialise sometimes, but can understand that I am an introvert that sometimes needs time alone. However I am hoping to find some great people that make me feel comfortable so that I would want to chat with them every day.
I think the key is sharing common interests. My main interests are fitness, video/board/arcade games, hiking, trivia, science-fiction, the 90's (I'm Gen Y) IT, tennis, table tennis,badminton. So if we have some of these in common we should make good housemates. Of course I'm open to being shown other things.
The 2 main things I need are:
1) Cat-friendly. I need a home for 2 indoor cats. This is negotiable to 1 if you already have a cat - I have 1 and plan to get another in the future, unless you already have one.
2) Quiet, peaceful and has privacy. A quiet street, not an arterial road. No hearing people through walls, no dogs barking constantly, very quiet after 10pm, quiet neighbours and no loud aircraft/train/traffic/ noise.
* The room needs to be at least queen bed size .
* Respectful, considerate, sensible Australians
* Must be non-smokers.
* Available long-term - at least 1 year - to avoid the hassles of moving again.
* I may need space somewhere for my own fridge/freezer unless yours is huge/has plenty of space (mainly freezer). Or we could negotiate on sharing certain foods to reduce space.
*Fast, unlimited internet .
* If you have a dog it needs to be quiet and well-behaved/won't jump me. Needs to tolerate cats or be an outside/separate area dog.
My budget is including bills and internet. No extra charges.
Ideally I want to live in the Shire or North Shore/beaches but will consider other areas. A house is preferred.