Online 4 months ago
Preferred stay length
Relaxed, clean and sociable bloke looking to team up to create a share house or join an existing property. Just returning from a short stint overseas, I previously lived in Canberra but am originally from Sydney.
I've been away from home for a number of years so am a reasonably well functioning adult in terms of cleanliness, chores etc. I work full time in the public service, have study commitments and in general am quite busy but am usually around some nights and am happy to share meals, have a beer/glass of wine and veg out on Netflix.
In terms of practicalities:
- I have no problem with pets of any kind but adore dogs
- I currently don't have much in the way of white goods, home wares, couch etc but am willing to buy some items to start a place
- Would prefer to meet in person or at least over Skype before making any housemate arrangements
- Prefer a shorter lease with the option to extend but can potentially sign a 12 month lease
- My budget and timing are fairly flexible if I find the right place and people
- Prefer inner south but am happy to look at inner city and surrounds depending on public transport
I've lived in a couple of share houses previously and have found them to be enjoyable experiences as long as people act like adults. Typically I am not a rule maker but thought it was important to outline some of my expectations I set for myself and those attributes I am hoping to find in a prospective housemate(s). To me the two most important attributes for a good housemate are respect and communication. Respect other people's space and their way of living as long as it is not impacting you adversely. Communicate if there is ever a problem and be willing to listen and compromise to find an amicable solution i.e. no passive aggressive behaviour and particularly being snidey behind someone's back.
Tim is also interested in Teaming-Up and starting a new share house.