Online about 1 month ago
Preferred stay length
The short about me:
- Grew up in hunter
- Don't smoke or take any drugs
- I feel like I'm filling out an online dating profile, is height important?
The place I'm looking for:
- Space for queen bed and side tables, extra room would be a bonus
- Near a train station or ferry (within 15mins walk, I'm a fast walker). For the perfect place and housemates this may not be a deal breaker.
- Off street or very easy, non timed street parking as my car will only really get used on weekends.
- Private, unfurnished room (sorry if this is obvious as it's in the filters but I keep getting messages about shared rooms...room sharing is definitely not something I'm open to and lactose gives me wind so nobody wants to share s room with me when I've been on a cheese or chocolate binge)
- I'm not a huge TV person so a place where I'm expected to pay the Foxtel bill isn't something I'm keen for...but I do have Netflix and do binge occasionally.
Not deal breakers but preferable:
- Air conditioning
- Gas cooktop (electric cooktops always fail me)
- Built in wardrobe
The person/people I'd like to call roomies:
- over their party years but still sociable
- Reasonably clean and tidy but not pedantic
- Gender and sexuality are not important. I have just as many male friends as I do female and friends/acquaintances from all ends of the LGBTI spectrum.
- Considerate and respectful of private space but also happy to socialise
- Preferably 'professionals' but likemindedness is more important
- I prefer to live with only one or two people, makes bathroom and kitchen sharing easier
The super long about me:
I decided I needed a lifestyle change back in August so started applying for jobs in Sydney CBD...picked up one much faster than I expected. I live in the Hunter and commute to my job on York St as an Office Manager of an insurance brokerage and law firm...every day. Super ready to find a place closer than 2.5 hours to work!
Obviously, having grown up in the Hunter, I love a glass of wine. I'm not a huge party animal but am fairly sociable, much more of a bar person than clubs.
On a weeknight you're most likely to find me with a cup of tea (or glass of wine) chilling, maybe with some calm music softly or something nerdy on TV. I'm not a massive homebody, enjoy getting out even if it's just a walk to the park.
I've been involved in my fair share of community service work since a young age and leaving the Hunter has meant that I have had to resign from my board position at a homelessness and domestic violence service/women's shelter. I would love to get back in to community service in my spare time once I'm settled in Sydney.
Having been commuting for 14 weeks I've missed cooking so much. If you don't mind a bit of gluten free food perhaps we can share the occasional meal. I'm a coeliac but do not expect housemates to be pedantic about this, I have my own toaster to avoid being 'glutenated' but other than that I'm not fussy.
I eat fairly healthy and like to be a little fit. However, my commute has taken 5 hours from my life a day...I miss getting to the gym but I'm not a super fitness fanatic, never had a girly six pack in my life and watching me run would be comedy show worthy.
I currently have a house full of furniture and appliances so if you've a housemate moving out and taking essential furniture items I can likely replace them. My older brother has just moved back after a decade in the U.K. so he's happy to take whatever I don't need.
|Maximum number of flatmates||Flexible|