My name is Belinda, my American partner Bri and I are looking for either a room in a sharehouse, or someone that wants to team up and make our own (either another couple or single/s). We are studying/working full time - but also want to make this an adventurous year for Bri in Aus!
My current lease doesn't finish until the end of June but I'm open to leaving earlier if the right place comes up. Bri doesn't arrive until August but I want to get a place set up for us before she gets here.
WHY YOU SHOULD LIVE WITH US:
- I'm more introverted/Bri is more extroverted - so really we balance each other out.
- Both have LOADS of experience living in sharehouses. We just survived a 7+ month quarantine with 5 housemates and still remained close friends with them all.
- We're both super clean & we hold each other accountable.
- We've been together for 4.5 years, we're funny, love some banter but actually pretty responsible people, and tbh we're just great to have around.
- I promise to bake some bread for anyone I live with and make the house smell amazing. And Bri promises to help to keep everyone's house plants alive! What more could you ask for??
What we ideally want:
- Big bedroom
- Outside area to create a veggie patch
- Close to public transport
- Northern-ish suburbs... Ideally Brunswick!
- Obviously somewhere queer friendly 🙂
Who we would love to live with:
- Either couple or single/s
- Someone with some furniture would be great!
- Someone in their mid-late 20's
- Chilled housemates that love a bit of banter
- Someone that we don't have to remind to do the dishes (even though I know I will be reminding Bri lol)
- Someone we can be friends with! Maybe even up for some day trips, camping adventures, bike rides...
- Someone we can go grab a beer with at the local pub, and also go down a rabbit-hole of youtube videos with at any given moment... (That's definitely a Bri thing)
- We'd love it if you have a pet!!
A bit about us:
Belinda (26, she/her):
- Studying Masters of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- I love bike riding, road trips, photography, learning about peoples perspectives of the world, ciders and chardonnay!
- Passionate traveller and have lived all over! Lived in the US with Bri for a year, halfway through, was hit with this pandemic, so I spent the rest of my exciting gap-year isolating and learning how to bake bread (which I got pretty good at..).
Bri (24, American, she/they):
- Bri graduated from zoology and international studies, and is working remotely for a non-profit in the US, and will keep doing when she gets here!
- Loves their bike and plants (and has tattoo's of both!) and if they’re not with one of those, can be found either cooking, working out, reading, or honestly anything.... You never really know what they’ve got planned - but you usually want to join in. (One week Bri was learning the ukulele, and the next week they’d started their own podcast! It's called 'Queer Science' and it's pretty cool...)
- - - ALSO! Bri is also a drag king named 'Rye', who definitely wants to get to know the queer and drag community of Melbourne! Rye is also lots of fun to hang out with 🙂
Please don't hesitate to message me if you have any further questions!