We are a young couple from Newcastle and we are moving to Canberra for work at very short notice. We urgently require short-term accommodation until we can get settled in and find our own place. We would like to move in preferably no later than the beginning of June. Our preferred length of stay is around 2-3 months but we can be flexible with this.
Elliott (22 y.o.) - Public servant and Clark Kent look-alike; currently working as a research assistant and finishing the last semester of a commerce degree via distance.
Michelle (27 y.o.) - Recently completed a B.A. in politics and international relations; moving to Canberra to work and study at ANU.
• We are mature, respectful, and clean up after ourselves.
• We're sociable and easy to get along with, but we also appreciate having our own space.
• We'll be working full-time hours Monday-Friday and studying during nights/weekends, so we're looking for housemates who are quiet and considerate, especially during the evening. (We don't mind sharing with other students as long as it's not a noisy 'party house' type environment).
• We're not adverse to hanging out occasionally — it would be nice to know some locals who can show us around the city and recommend things to see/do in Canberra :)
• Hoping to find a room that's already furnished because we'll need time to acquire our own furniture. A queen bed would be ideal because all of our sheets, quilts etc. are queen size (and Elliott is probably too tall to sleep on anything smaller).
• We'll need parking space (Elliott has a car and I plan to bring mine down from Newcastle in the near future, too).
• I'll be relying on public transport for at least a few weeks, so accommodation located reasonably close to public transport is a must.
• We would prefer to have our own bathroom/ensuite (if possible) but we're not in a position to be too fussy.
• Decent internet/Wi-Fi and heating/cooling is essential.