|Room Type||Private room|
|Furnishing||Flexible with furnishings|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 2 months|
|Bond||3 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Included in rent|
|Parking||On street parking|
We have a room to sublet in our three bedroom town house in Newtown.
It's Newtown but the street is unexpectedly quiet.
We're a super short walk from supermarkets (Marrickville Metro is under 5 mins walk), parks, pubs, bars, restaurants and public transport. The house is pretty much smack bang in the middle of Newtown and St Peters train stations.
Buses run from Newtown to the city/beach regularly
- Wooden floorboards throughout
- Galley kitchen with modern appliances including dishwasher
- Lounge room and large dining/sunroom that opens out to a tree filled courtyard.
- 2 toilets (one upstairs, one downstairs). Downstairs toilet includes full size vanity which be exclusively for your use.
- Great bathroom upstairs with huge shower and bath.
- A large balcony opens off the bathroom (which we admit is a little odd, but makes a great talking point).
- Washing machine
The Room: Super Spacious, light filled large room on the ground floor which opens out onto a balcony of the front courtyard. Fits queen bed plus cupboard, bedside tables, bookcase, chest of drawers etc comfortably. Room can come furnished or unfurnished whichever you prefer (currently includes bed, bedside table wardrobe, bookshelf & chest of drawers)
Bills / Household items etc:
- Internet included in rent
- Electricity bill is split evenly between housemates.
- We tend to buy our own groceries but take turns stocking household items such as toilet paper, washing detergent and laundry powder etc as needed.
The Flatmates: Tegan & Liz.
Tegan (Tegs) is 30 & works as a Designer/Project Manager. She's into art, music, furniture restoration, upcycling/DIY, beer & all things creative! Liz is also 30 & works in finance, she likes reading, music, batman & wine!
We both work pretty standard Monday - Friday working hours, but wouldn't be fussed if you work non-standard hours.
We're both reasonably social and enjoy a chat over drinks in the courtyard, listening to some tunes or hanging out watching a movie etc. We also totally get it if you like your own space however & won't be offended if your'd prefer to do your own thing. We're both into our music (Tegs loves her vinyl collection) and try to catch live gigs & explore the city as much as time and pennies allow.
We're looking for someone easy going and friendly who'd be equally happy to hang out as a household or do their own thing. We're fairly low key the larger majority of the time but sometimes have friends round of a weekend or the occasional party so someone who is okay with that or happy to join in would be ideal.
- Room can be furnished or unfurnished.
- On street untimed parking
- Large courtyard
- WIFI access (included)