Private room with ensuite
|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||Flexible|
Charges for the room
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||Off street parking|
Spacious 2 bedroom apartment in Rockdale - to share with 1 professional female only.
NOTE: Keen to move to another, more modern unit w a compatible person and co-sign a 12mth lease.
- Absolutely fully furnished - you don't need anything to move in, however there is sufficient space within the unit to store items if you have them
- Open plan living / dining / kitchen - quite a large area (compared to what I've seen in Sydney)
- You're bedroom isn't large (compared to what I am used to, but this is Sydney, so..), but you do have a very large bathroom
- Your bathroom consists of full bath, shower, toilet, and large vanity, and is adjacent to your bedroom
- Separate laundry w washing machine and dryer within the unit
- 2x balconies, including 1 off your bedroom
- Elevator access
- Secure access to the apartment
- Kitchen, bathroom and laundry areas are tiled
- All other areas are carpeted
- High ceiling
- Very quiet unit / complex
- 11.5km to Sydney City
- 250m to Rockdale Train Station & Bus Interchange
- 250m to Rockdale mall and shopping area
- 330m to Rockdale Plaza - Woolworths, Big W, Aldi and various specialty shops, cafes and food court
- 2km to Brighton le Sands, beach, many Restaurants, Coles
- 6 restaurants directly downstairs (within 200m walk)
- Numerous additional restaurants, cafes and take aways within walking distance
- Numerous gyms within walking distance
- Off street parking in public car parks at rear of unit (can access the unit from front & rear)
- On street parking available at front, time limit during the day, but free overnight
Other information: Last flatmate had a queen size bed, current flat mate has a double bed, which she is willing to leave (less than 6mths old) - Currently the room has a double bed and 2x sets of drawers (old style, but they work) - Built in wardrobe, which is quite small (hence the drawers) - Carpeted floor - High ceilings - Sliding doors to your own balcony - Your (very large) bathroom is adjacent to your bedroom and consists of a large bath, shower and toilet - Away from lounge room, so very quiet, (not that I'm loud), but also gives you your privacy
- I've been living in Sydney for 3 years, from Darwin and work in the field of 'Health & Safety'
- I'm fairly relaxed and easy going, enjoy a good laugh as well as a good intellectual conversation
- I alternate between being a home body and being a social butterfly, but not a party animal or into clubbing
- I am an average cook, try to eat healthy / good food, but love all food types and am a social drinker (No smoking or drugs)
- I do work a few night shifts but hope to change that in the near future
- I am fairly easy going and get on well with most people . I am not judgemental and take people on who they are, their behaviours and they way the treat others, not the way they look
- I am neat and tidy, especially in the common areas as there is nothing worse to coming home to a mess, especially when it's not yours
- I'm looking for a friendly, considerate and compatible person to share a unit w me
- Strictly single person only, NO COUPLES!
- I'm happy to stop, chat and chill together, whilst respecting each other's privacy and space
- Happy to go out and about together at times, but I dont want to live in your pocket nor do I want you to live in mine.
- I expect common courtesy with regard to housework ie if you make a mess, clean it up. Keep the common areas neat and tidy
- It doesn't bother me if you work normal days, weekends, shift work, FIFO or travel for work
Now, that said....
I would actually like to move out of this unit. I am not sure where to, but am considering Rockdale, Wolli Creek, Mascot etc. I do like Rockdale as it tends to have more to offer than the other areas ie shops, restaurants etc, but I am willing to consider other areas. Although I have a car, I would like to be near a train station. Would pay up to $600pw for 2bed, 2bath and 1+ car as I have a car which I would like to keep undercover in a secure location.
A) you move in short term and if we get on well together, lets look for a place together
B) I move out, you stay in the unit and find yourself a flatmate (transfer the bond to your name), although this may need to be discussed w agent, but given i didnt have any issues initially, I assume it would be ok.
C) No need to move in here, but let's get to know each other, and if compatible, look for a unit that we both like and then move in together
There is no lease on this property. I signed a 6mth lease w my original flatmate. When she eventually moved out, I paid her out on the bond and amended the paperwork w the real estate agent. Since then, I've just asked for rent and bond from new flatmate.
If we are looking for a place together, would prefer to co sign the lease as this commits you to respecting the property and paying rent on time.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have
I look forward to chatting w you soon