|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 6 months|
|Gender||Females & males (no couples)|
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Some included in rent|
|Internet||Unlimited included in rent|
|Parking||Off street parking|
I have furnished rooms available for rent in my totally unhaunted house. Yes, you heard right. Not so much as an ectoplasmic flicker.
The house itself is a renovated two storey brick building, erected somewhere between the late Cretaceous and the invention of the internet. And now, bullet points:
- Four bedrooms
- Two bathrooms (one upstairs, one downstairs) and a separate toilet
- Kitchen/dishwasher/oven/small mummified cactus
- Large living and dining areas
- A TV room work in progress (renovations are taking a while)
- Semi-enclosed front balcony
- Decent sized backyard
- Bus stop literally 10m from the back gate (might be less)
- Supermarkets 20mins walk
- Westfield Chermside 5-10min drive
- CBD 30-40min drive (why would you go there?)
- Me, a 28yo male doctor. I'm a bit of a workaholic but otherwise pretty harmless. Unless you're the sort of person who likes to talk loudly in libraries.
- Alex, a 20yo pharmacy student. I think he's harmless, but I can't guarantee that he isn't researching a deadly zombie virus in his room.
FAQs - I get asked these a lot. Let me spare you the questions:
Q: Can you accommodate my cats/dogs/lizards (seriously)
A: Afraid not. While the shiba inu is totes my spirit animal, I've got lots of small fragile collectibles and a housemate with allergies. Sorry.
Q: I can't afford to pay the bond, can I...
A: No. Nothing personal, but it's not negotiable.
Q: I can't afford to pay the rent, can I...
A: Seriously? This place is on the cheaper side already.
Q: I'm planning on staying for a few weeks only...
A: I would suggest a hotel.