Studio for rent
|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 6 months|
Charges for the room
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||Off street parking|
Quiet, safe location Close to UNIVERSITY OF QLD, SOUTHBANK, INNER-CITY-SOUTH: Walk, (or cycle with free use of bikes & helmets here to University of Queensland approx 10min), QUT, Southbank (10-15mi). If you are studying at these:
approx walk/cycle route is 2. 9 km - from University of Queensland (approx 30-40min walking / 10min cycling).
1.9 km - from UQ School of Pharmacy; and PA HOSPITAL
2.8 km MATER HOSPITAL
4. 5 km - from Southbank
6 km - from Queensland University of Technology
This very comfortable, modern accommodation has everything, just bring your suitcase. It's is a fully self-contained studio bedroom unit (adjoining and built under the main house which is occupied by 3 UQ international students).
With the studio unit you completely have your own space, your own kitchen and refrigerator/freezer, your own stylish bathroom, your own dining/study desk area, your own digital TV/DVD. You can choose to when to keep in your own private space or enjoy some conversation with the considerate, friendly students in main house. We are looking for friendly students but also Respectful of other housemates peace and privacy. Very Tidy please.
Also a good place to practice your English.
Upstairs is a friendly household. But all work or study so is a quiet house a lot of the time. Request people show respect to the other housemates in regard to noise, cleaning up after yourself and sharing common outside spaces. Enjoy the relaxed vibe and good-hearted energy, maybe even share playing one of the board games, movies, good conversation, or just some serenity and time to yourself in your own studio or outdoors (by the way this studio unit is the only rental accomodation, other than the three rooms in main house upstairs).
About the Property
- House and studio with new modern renovations. Studio: new kitchen with cooktop, convection oven/microwave; new and stylish bathroom in studio with shower & toilet. Modern stone tile floors, (with rug/s if you desire).
- studio unit is insulated for warmth in winter and cool in summer. Also has portable heaters & fan (Airconditioning also optional for additional contribution fee)
- Laundry under house with TWO new front load washing machines for easy access included for your use.
- Small rear deck for common use overlooking palm trees & leafy garden with Gas BBQ & small outdoor table & chairs to study outside and enjoy the morning sun
- comfortable furnished, covered front patio/deck to relax or study outdoor
- Serene, safe, beautiful leafy riverside location
- WiFi high speed cable broadband internet
- Fully furnished including new modern fridge/freezer, cooking utensils & appliances, iron, ironing board, etc
- All linen: sheets, bedding, towels, included for your use
- Access to shops and public transport: Bus, Train
- Free use of bicycles and helmet so you can enjoy the beautiful cycling in this area and short ride to UQ
About the room/studio unit:
The studio bedroom unit is becoming available @ $265 per week (as discounted rate for pre-payment of period) plus utilities (including wireless broadband internet, electricity, gas, water, household items) @ $35 per week = total @ $310 per week.. (Airconditioning optional @ $25 per week). It is an open-plan studio bedroom unit with built-in wardrobe and is stylishly furnished with a new comfortable Double-size bed, desk and credenza/pedestal, gas-lift office chair/s, bedside table/s, blinds, and two windows for good natural light and cross ventilation, with pivoting wall-mounted Digital TV/DVD combo including USB, HDMI, PC inputs so you can also plug in your own devices to it.
All linen: bedding, doona/quilt and spare sheets, new good pillows, towels, supplied for your use.
There is also the option of free use of bicycle and helmet for your use too, or you can bring your own.
- generally tidy
- Clean up after yourself and keep studio clean
- Considerate and good-hearted
- Non Smoking
What others say about living in this property:
"I had a great time at Tim's house. He is very friendly and always respond to our request very quickly. He cares about everything you need.
Everything was so clean, well-kept and high quality. I feel very convenient when I live there.
It is also a great place to learn English.Tim is pleased to take time to tell you things to do around Brisbane. You can ask him for advice when you have issues. "
"I love the property at 40 Ormonde Rd for its convenience and beautiful natural surroundings.
The house is located only 100 meters from Brisbane River, i enjoy quite a lot walking right after the meal along the river.
If you are a student or employee from UQ. you will find it is very convenient to go to school or working place either on foot or by bike.
If you prefer public transportation, there are bus stops for route 105 and 106 within 200 meters.
The house is quite spacious and fully furnished with furnitures carefully chosen by the house lord. What impresses me the most is that the house lord value a lot about mutual-respect, politeness and maintains high standard of hygiene.
In general, i would strongly recommend this place for people who want to enjoy peace and convenience as well as for people who want to foster good behaviours and habits."