|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||Flexible|
|Bond||One weeks rent|
|Bills||Included in rent|
|Internet||Included in rent|
|Parking||Off street parking|
I CAN SEND YOU VIDEO OF THE HOUSE.
*About the Room and the House*
The room comes furnished with two nice, bouncy and comfy single beds that I like to join together to make one huge bed better than having a Queen or King size double. It also comes with two short book cabinets, a small heater, a pile of throw blankets, massive closet with neat drawers. A mixture of the warm lighting from the ceiling and pinkish lavender wall puts out a romantic vibe to the room. Separate toilet and bathroom is shared with the kindest housemate you can ask for, as well as a kitchen equipped with oven, microwave, dish-washing machine and fridge.
The house has a welcoming vibe to it. Please don't mind the many pictures glue tacked on to the walls and the disco mirror ball, we like to think we are artsy and fun. Add your color to the mix, and we'll appreciate you for that! I think aside from the spacious living and dining area, the most alluring feature of this home is the illusion of retired living you can experience with the back porch. We live for the brunches, lunches, dinners and coffees just sitting out at the back reminiscing the youthful past we are actually still living in. Blessed by trees and really good ventilation, the house keeps itself cool under the summer sun. The granny neighbor once complained how she got cold from staying indoors, and just sat out at the porch for warmth.
*About the Area*
Elsternwick is only the best suburb in the South East for a young hopeful. Why do I think it's the best? Coz it lovingly surrounds you with all that you need to create a blissful, creative, relaxing and supportive backdrop to the busy rush of your modern living. Nothing too much here, and nothing less. It's just enough as it is. Some killer brownie points for the area:
- 10 minute lazy walk to the massive Elsternwick dog park. We abuse this local hotspot for its healing attribute involving lots and lots of puppies. It won't hurt to wish for a cute meet to happen here.
- 20 minute jog to Elwood Beach behind the dog park. Getting close with voluminous container of water somehow help wash away sorrow. Deep pier thoughts with freezing breeze blasted to your face from the shore is a wake-up call to live life better. Brighton Beach is a 10 minute drive.
- 4 minute sprint to Elsternwick station, tram stop, and bus stops. I love the location of this flat. 30-40 mins of tramming to CBD with Melbourne University as the end stop, or go quick for 20 minutes on the train.
- 5 minute walk to the strip of Tudor-style shops comprised of delis, cafes, restaurants, coffee shops, froyo, Coles, Officeworks, pharmacists, yoga trainings and fitness centers, bottle shops, fruit and veggies, butcher, and lots of lots of bagels. You don't need to drive anywhere else for your basic necessities. The area boasts a colorful range of cuisines; Vietnamese, Mexican, Thai, Hungarian, Polish, Chinese, Israeli, Japanese, Greek, Italian, Korean, Middle Eastern are the ones I can remember on top of my head. There is also a classic beloved ice cream parlor, and lots of health food stores and cafes. Classic Theatre one of the earliest theaters in Melbourne is across the station, and still hasn't lost its charm. The fascinating Jewish culture of Elsternwick's early settlers can be experienced with the Holocaust museum just across the street.
- 5 minute walk to the strip of crazy fashionable bargains you get from Elsternwick's famed op shops. Have you seen how many they are? I can spend the whole Saturday just flicking through the stuffs on sale, imagining the lives those items have touched. Just don't get caught up by the cheap prices. Only purchase what's necessary for you. ;p
- the area is youthful with the mushrooming of new hip cafes and restaurants and the swarm of young adults moving here, but it's amazing how the Jewish culture and the many respectable elderlies and young families juxtapose this phenomenon and balanced it all out.
*About the Housemate*
Lachlan is a twenty-something, freelancing game graphic illustrator who spends most of his time working from home or studio. You are in for a real treat living with him for his ample supply of non-PC jokes, consoling herbal teas and chocolates to help you through the rough patches in life and to celebrate life itself. I learned to have better work ethics and morals sharing space with him.
We'd love to welcome someone who is light hearted and open yet appreciates privacy, peace and respect, and is relaxed about house cleaning. Clean up what you see needs to be cleaned or forego it to another time if you are too busy. We are not one to kill each other over trivial matters. Growing pains of living in your twenties is enough to handle already, so loving and supportive housemate is most welcomed to this home.