|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 6 months|
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||Off street parking|
One room available in the upstairs residence of a charming 90 year old Queenslander. Located a block away from the Broadwater and parks, and a five minute drive to Main Beach. Original Railway cottage with enclosed verandahs, a garage and backyard, all renovated and beautifully maintained.
It is a two bedroom, one large bath house with a clawfoot tub. Features a spacious, updated kitchen with a gas stove, island, a dishwasher and separate fridges. Also includes an indoor laundry and covered line, plus a back deck and a low-maintenance, private yard with lots of shade from the rainforest trees. The front enclosed space is used for dining and a small office area. Your room opens via French doors onto the back deck (see images).
The house has reverse-cycle air conditioning in the bedrooms, lounge and office area, though we also have a lovely ocean breeze. I have a large television, lounge, kitchenware, and all the basics. The current roommate will be taking furniture, so there’s room for you!
Please note: you are allowed one small pet by the landlords (in addition to those being babysat now).
There is Wi-Fi, we will split the bill for that (monthly), and electricity and gas (quarterly). On average, electricity is about $150 pp, and gas about $60 pp every three months. I also have a Netflix account which you can access.
There is a two car garage, so you have a covered, secure space to park and minimal storage. The ground floor is a small podiatry practice, currently open every second week, that has use of the driveway for patient parking between 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday. There is an amicable relationship and we’ve not experienced any problems gaining access to the garage when needed. Aside from the garage, which has internal stairs to the first floor, there is an external entry to the street.
The house is centrally located.
- 7 minutes walk: Australia Fair Shopping Centre, TAFE Queensland Gold Coast and Southport Tram station (which will take you to Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Griffith University/Hospital).
- 5 minutes walk: Broadwater Parklands and the Aquatic Centre and gym, lots of walking and bike paths, parks and a cafe.
- 1 minute walk: bus stop that will take you to Griffith University in 10 minutes, Harbour Town Shopping Centre in 20 and Helensvale Rail in 30.
- 9 minutes drive: Griffith University Hospital and Campus.
- There are a dozen cafes and restaurants in a few minutes walking distance. Also nearby is the Southport Transit Centre (a Greyhound buses stop), a Blockbuster, corner store, chemist, dry cleaners, BWS and op shops.
Looking for: a single tenant who is clean, quiet and respectful. You need to be able to provide references and be employed. Minimum six month lease. No smoking. We will share chores.
I’m a twenty five year old female, employed full-time at a local private school. Completing studies in media and literature, so you’ll always have plenty of movies to watch and books to read!
Please note: I’m babysitting a small dog and cat for travelling family members for the next six months. Both are very friendly and loveable.
Rent: $180 per week Bond: $720
Available Monday October 17.
More pictures to come! These are a few years old, although only the decor has changed.
Covered entertaining space
Adorable animals on loan
Wi-Fi and Netflix
Close to Broadwater