Private room with own bathroom
|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||6 months to 6 months|
Charges for the room
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||On street parking|
The house was extensively renovated in 2012 by local architects, receiving 2 commendations in the Australian Institute of Architects Awards 2013. It is a beautiful old cottage with a very large two-storey modern extension on the back.
About the bedroom:
Bedroom comes with king bed, natural light floating in the room, open space. Plenty of built in wardrobes. You have your own ensuite bathroom. This is the master bedroom of the house.
Please note that the bedroom is on the second level of the modern extension and is a loft space, so the walls don't go all the way up to the ceiling and there is no door. You cannot see in, but you need to factor this into your decision in terms of noise from the living space below. I.e. if you are a problem sleeper or keep odd hours, this is not the room for you.
The fourth bedroom of the house is also on your level, but separated by a corridor.
Ground floor features:
- Open plan living and dining room and modern kitchen, with tall glass windows on 3 sides looking out on to a beautiful landscaped native garden (maintained by a gardener at the expense of the landlord)
- Kitchen features all new, high grade appliances including Smeg dishwasher, Barazza oven, Barazza gas cooktop and built in fridge freezer. Handy features include underbench bins, concrete bench tops and a sliding pantry creatively designed to act as a partition into the main living area.
- Second living room with TV and DVD player
- 2 other bedrooms
- Large bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet (shared by the other 3 housemates)
- Separate laundry with inbuilt washer/dryer
Heating is available on the whole of the ground level, including underfloor heating and panel heaters. Double glazing helps maintain the warmth. Stay cool in summer with ducted air-conditioning the best ever fan in the open plan living area.
Three women in their mid to late 20s:
- Magdalena, Polish, an interior architect
- Madeleine, Australian, an urbanist
- Winnie, American, a geologist
(Claudia is moving out of the house)
You will be in your mid 20s to early 30s, will work full time in normal hours (i.e. something like 9-5). We are leaning more to having a women in the room.
You are respectful, clean, chill and want to live in a peaceful, well-maintained, beautiful house where you occasionally contribute to the cleaning of the house together with the other housemates and pick up after yourself. This is not a party house.
Sorry, no couples or pets.