|Room Type||Private room|
|Furnishing||Flexible with furnishings|
|Length of Stay||Flexible|
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
Our lovely housemate Stephi is moving out in a few weeks (to go do some astrophysics overseas, like a boss!) so we are looking for someone to move in to her (quite large) room!
About the house:
- It’s a freshly renovated terrace, with four bedrooms, a study, one bathroom, one toilet (in addition to the one in the bathroom), a laundry, medium sized courtyard with pomegranate tree, and open plan kitchen and living area.
- The available room is upstairs at the back of the house (pictures attached).
- We are on Miller St (West Melbourne, 3003) about a block from both Errol St and Victoria St, with heaps of cafes, pubs, bars, restaurants and shops. The 57 tram is also conveniently located on the corner of Errol and Victoria, and it only takes about ten to fifteen minutes to get into the city. It’s a four block walk to the Queen Victoria Market (and the 55 tram), and about four blocks to North Melbourne train station.
- There’s also a really small but nice park two doors down, with a super big, awesome tree. The neighbourhood is pretty friendly too (heaps of cats and dogs if you enjoy pet-spotting).
About the housemates:
- Chloe is a mid 20s student, completing her Masters in Philosophy. She rotates her time between crying over tv shows, boxing/gym-ing, dancing, reading, trying to be a better intersectional-feminist and sorting random people/celebrities into Hogwarts Houses.
- Lucy is a mid 20s professional who enjoys baking, Steven Universe, Hamilton, and a glass of red with whatever delicious food she’s whipped up.
- Josh is in his mid 20s, studying science and working as a bartender. He’s often found making pasta at 2am, watching tv, playing video games, reading fantasy novels and enjoying a cheeky bev.
We are looking for someone who:
- is friendly and enjoys the occasional hangout, but is also independent. (We do our own shopping and cooking, though we do coordinate our efforts for cleaning and house parties, if that helps to give you a sense of our house. We do hang out from time to time when our schedules sync up though!)
- is clean and tidy
- is LGBTQIAP+ friendly (this one is super duper important)
- preferably in their mid 20s to early 30s, though mostly we are just looking for someone who fits in well with the vibe of our house.
- women/trans/non-binary folk preferred
- Rent will be $930 per month. Bond is $910
- Bills are split equally. Internet is $15 per month. Netflix (if you want to join our shared account) is a whole $3.75 per month.
- The room will be available from June 24
- No pets (sorry, Chloe is allergic – what a jerk)
- Smokers are ok, but only outside (you can see the city from the back courtyard though so you’ll have a really nice smoking backdrop)
- We already have fridge, washing machine, microwave
- There will be room for *some* furniture in the house (and we will be looking to replace a couple of Stephi’s couches and chairs) but we can discuss this in housemate interviews (and we’re not going to reject someone rad just because they have the wrong furniture)
- No couples, sorry! (One bathroom between four is pretty much our limit)
Send us a message if you're interested :)