|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 6 months|
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||On street parking|
One unfurnished room in an otherwise fully furnished two bedroom + study first floor apartment in Ascot Vale. The room will be available from Sunday 31st July. There are 6 months left on the lease with the option to then renew.
*Price: $145 per week or $630 per month + $673 bond + $330 fee to the real estate agent if application is successful. Bills not included, $30 a month each for unlimited internet, electricity paid monthly split evenly, water also split evenly.
* Location: 2 minute walk to the 57 tram which takes you to both Union Road and Racecourse Road restaurants, cafes, pubs and Newmarket Train Station. Also a 2 minute walk to a shopping strip with a Coles, First Choice Liquor, Pharmacy, take away joints and various other shops.
* Room: comes unfurnished and is 3.04mx2.76m (would fit a double bed, bedside table and smaller items like a bookshelf or chest of drawers). Large 1.5 size wardrobe with extra shelf of storage above.
* Communal spaces: a livingroom with lots of natural light, recliner couches, large TV and lots of room for bookshelves. A dining area with dining table for 4 that expands to seat 6. A fully equipped kitchen with electric oven/stove, fridge, and kitchen table. Bathroom with shower over bathtub and a washing machine. A study with room for a desk and bookshelves. A cute small balcony with table, seating for up to 4.
*Sharing with: 28 year old queer left-wing woman of colour who works full-time plus studies part-time. Enjoys debating politics, skating and TV. Very organised and enjoys keeping the home as a clean, tidy, soothing escape from a busy lifestyle.
* Ideal housemate: a mature, preferably full-time employed person with a regular schedule, has lived in sharehouses before, pays rent and bills reliably on time every time, does chores consistently weekly without needing reminding, is very clean and has high standards for tidiness. These criteria are very important and it's best to be upfront and honest about them to avoid issues down the line. Not a party animal but is okay with partners or occasional friends over for dinner or TV marathons. Looking for someone who isn't a recluse that just sits alone in the dark in their bedroom all of the time, someone who wants to get to know and be friends with the person they live with. Hoping to share a home rather than just a house and would like to stay long-term. Must be LGBTIQ-friendly and progressive. Smoking is outdoors only. Pets or may not be allowed by the landlord upon application.
If you're interested please send me a message with:
1) A bit about who you are or your background
2) What kind of work you do
3) Your interests, hobbies, etc.
4) What kind of lifestyle you like to live
5) What you're looking for in a home and in a housemate
|Racing Victoria/161 Epsom Rd #31||Close by|
|Sandown Rd/Epsom Rd #32||Close by|
|Racing Victoria/400 Epsom Rd #31||Close by|
|Flemington Dr/Epsom Rd #30||~ 4 min walk|
|Melbourne Showgrounds/Epsom Rd #33||~ 6 min walk|
|Pacinos Italian Family Restaurant||Close by|
|Bamboo Garden||~ 3 min walk|
|Showgrounds Fish & Chip Shop||~ 3 min walk|
|Redrocks Charcoal Chicken Flemington||~ 4 min walk|
|ZIGZAG Salads & Burgers||~ 4 min walk|
|Coles Supermarkets||~ 5 min walk|
|La Lupita||~ 12 min walk|
|Woolworths Newmarket Plaza||~ 16 min walk|
|Kensington IGA||~ 17 min walk|
|The Happy Apple Greengrocer||~ 18 min walk|
|Ascot St/Ascot Vale Rd||~ 5 min walk|
|Dover St/Ascot Vale Rd||~ 5 min walk|
|Edinburgh St/Ascot Vale Rd||~ 6 min walk|
|Canterbury St/Ascot Vale Rd||~ 7 min walk|
|Kent St/Ascot Vale Rd||~ 8 min walk|