|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||Flexible|
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||Off street parking|
Two private rooms are available for one individual: a bedroom and a separate study.
The house is an old "Dalkeith type" house with high ceilings, wooden floors, and a big wooden door. I think it's a great house in a good street with great housemates. It has a few rickety floor boards and carpet stains, but the house is in a very good condition for its age and free of rattling pipes, corrosion, and dirt. The two rooms you will be getting are nice and quiet because they are not located close to the front door or the kitchen.
Some perks of the location of the house include:
- 2 min walk from an IGA and cafe
- 3 min walk from a bus stop (the 24 bus line that goes to UWA and Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital)
- 6 min walk to Melvista Park
Some perks of the house include:
- an excellent shower which runs hot and at a high pressure (we had a good hot water system was installed recently)
- your own car parking space
- large kitchen space, pantry space, and a large fridge
- a great air-conditioner in the kitchen/living room
- WiFi internet (unlimited data)
- a washing machine (runs very quietly)
- a gas oven and stove top that are both in good condition
- general kitchen appliances and utensils
- a large living room
- a very large backyard in typical Dalkeith style, and a nice veranda out the front
- a quiet neighbourhood and house
Some downsides of the house include:
- the private rooms can get pretty hot in the summer and cold in winter because the house lacks insulation
- no mechanical dishwasher
- bathroom taps need their washers replacing
Other things worth noting is that the bathrooms/showers are shared, but I have not encountered a problem with this (I am the worst offender of long shower times, and I'm leaving). We have a rotating chores roster for doing a house wide clean once per week - meaning you do a spring clean once per month - which works very well and keeps the place looking nice.
You will be sharing the house with three other female flatmates. All are under 35, and all are students or working. They are lovely girls who are very easy to talk to and get along with. For fun they generally like to watch movies by themselves or have a friend over on the weekend. Generally, we usually stay in and enjoy the peace and quiet. The only parties I have seen at this house is when it was someones birthday, and even then things don't get loud or messy. They are very good at cleaning up after themselves, so the kitchen and bathroom never get to a gross state.
We are ideally looking for a female student, but males should still apply if you think you would make a good fit for the house. The type of personality I think would make a good fit for the house is someone who has a good sense of humour, has a friendly and relaxed demeanor, and who can raise irks in a good humored way. Living habits we are looking for is someone who does their best to keep the kitchen and bathroom clean, who keeps noise at reasonable levels, and who can pay bills and rent on time. That's about it! We hope to meet you soon.