|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 6 months|
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||On street parking|
5 girls currently live in this gorgeous and enormous old white Queenslander, only a minute's walk from the Enoggera train station. We have a huge deck surrounded by lots of lush green trees and vines winding along the sides of the deck. It makes for a relaxing space in the afternoons during sunset. Additionally, the ceilings are very high and the upstairs wood floors are polished. The house is very airy and spacious, with a large kitchen and bathroom, featuring a lovely big bath and separate toilet / hand basin on the top level. Most definitely NOT a party house.
There are 3 of us on the top level (the third of which you will be replacing) and 2 lovely girls downstairs. The downstairs level has entry way, kitchen, bathroom, lounge room etc. The laundry is located on the lower level. We also have a sun room at the front of the house which provides an amazing space for relaxing with a book and a cuppa. There is currently a spare, king single, bed (owned by one of the tenants) in this room which is welcome for use by visiting family / friends provided she is asked prior.
Internet is $12 a month. Bills (electricity and gas) are due quarterly. Rent is paid fortnightly into a joint bank account.
- high ceiling
- walk in wardrobe shared with other current tenant in bedroom next door
- casement windows
- polished floors
- Venetian blinds
- lots of gorgeous morning sunlight
Message if you have any questions or want any further images! :)
- We are all quiet, respectful and clean
- Jess and Anjee UQ students. Courtney and Georgie (downstairs) both work full time.
- We take social activities ~outside~ the house, but enjoy sharing a meal and a glass of wine together.
- We are very open minded and considerate.
- We currently have a fortnightly cleaning roster for the communal areas (upstairs kitchen, downstairs entry and laundry) and weekly wheely bin roster for the whole house.
- We wash our dishes when we use them, replace the toilet paper roll when we use the last of it and take the initiative to clean something when it needs to be done.
- Once a month we all pick a day to spend on larger tasks like the bathroom, oven, windows, fridge, etc.
- In terms of more frequent things such as floors, microwave, toaster, bins, etc. (in between the cleaning roster) we just take turns doing them as required.
- We also take turns buying things like toilet paper, paper towel, sponges, etc.
Onto you! What we want:
- We're looking for a young, quiet and respectful woman to share our home.
- Someone who is considerate of other housemates in terms of noise, mess, etc. In other words, take off your heels when you get home in the middle of the night and keep the lights off.
What we're avoiding:
- If you're interested in having parties and groups of mates over frequently, we're not for you.
- Those that are unwilling to pull their weight around the house.