|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 2 months|
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Unlimited included in rent|
|Parking||On street parking|
We are a large, friendly, communal, mostly queer share house in leafy Ivanhoe East looking for a new housemate to share with 5 guys and 1 girl of all ages and hair colors. We enjoy sharing the space, hanging out together, cooking or going out for a drink. We have a swimming pool, a ping pong table, a wild diverse garden (including many fruit trees!) and a great balcony for chilling in the sun. We also have four beautiful cats so you must be a fan of felines. The Ivanhoe Train Station is a 12 minute walk away, and the Yarra River only 5. If you are a fan of peaceful, social, holistic lifestyles surrounded by nature and fun times then we are the house for you. The room is $430pcm. We prefer long-term over short-term but happy to accommodate different needs. We also like to host backpackers/couchsurfers simply for entertainment, so if you love a social house you won't get much better than this. That being said, we are very respectful of personal space so it wouldn't be frowned upon if you wanted some alone time in your room. We are happy to consider more animals, and would love a dog in the mix! As long as your doggo is very friendly with cats and isn't prone to ruining gardens. Known as 'The Wilfred Lodge' this is the ideal summer location, we've had many a pool party, a spa party and many other weird and wonderful parties but we tend work and chill much more than we party.
Your housemates will be:
- Robert: a young-at-heart, newly Aussie, wannabe checkout chick who spends his week creating medical software for hospitals.
- Nase: a passionate vegan commie permaculturist with a keen interest in witchcraft and paganism. Parent to cats Che and Leila.
- Josh: a creative architecture fanatic originating from NZ, new to the house and keen to get amongst it.
- Lliam: sociology student and beer connoisseur.
- Joseph: my partner-in-crime and fun-loving computer technician, ultra-competitive when it comes to gaming but don't worry, that's balanced with a heart of gold.
- Myself (Emma): a passionate socialist, feminist, community services student taking a break from it all and rediscovering the little things in life. Along with my two furbabies Pierre and Cobra.
You should be:
- Preferably queer or if not, must be queer-friendly.
- Social, community-focused, easy-going and open-minded.
- Responsible, chilled and happy to pull your own weight.
Message me if you're keen to set up a meet and greet!