|Room Type||Private room|
|Furnishing||Flexible with furnishings|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 1 year|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||Off street parking|
Looking for Housemate – live RENT FREE in return for 15 hours per week support to a 38 year old man who has an intellectual disability.
The property backs onto a community park and is full fenced with CCTV monitoring. The bedroom is furnished with BIR with a single bed but house sharers are welcome to bring their own bedroom furniture.
Paul is mobile and verbal but he needs assistance with personal care and he wants a housemate that can help him along with his new life. He attends daily activities and has other carers in his life but he needs to have someone home in the evenings, overnight and the mornings.
The home is currently in the process of being repainted and recarpetted.
As a Home sharer you will pursue your own job or studies or daily rountine during the day and agree to:
• Provide agreed hours of support – 15 hours per week.
• Make a commitment to stay for 12 months
• You are entitled to time away and holiday breaks at a mutually agreeable time, during which the Householder may have to make alternative arrangements.
• Undertake day to day household duties like taking out rubbish bins, cooking meals, washing (Fortnightly cleaner is provided)
• have a car and a driver’s licence.
• have a National Current Police Check and working with children check
Paul lives in Forest Hill in Victoria and is a 38 year old man with an intellectual Disability. Paul’s mother and his primary carer passed away in early July 2016.
Paul now has the benefit of a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home to reside in for the rest of his life. He is looking for a caring and sharing person to share his home with, someone that will support him and ensure he feels safe. In return Paul can provide that person with a rent free home and will split the utility bills (phone/internet, water, electricity and gas) and groceries.
The type of person we are looking for has the following attributes:
• Caring and supportive person who treats others with respect
• Non-smoker and non-drinker
• Prepared to undergo a selection process and interview for the House share placement.
• Experience in the Care sector would be a major advantage!