|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 6 months|
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||On street parking|
We have a massive double storey 6 bedroom, 3 bathroom, house in Grange!
On Days road with bus stop out the front, 10 mins walk to Windsor train station.
Lease is until the 20th March 2017 with the probability to extend.
Potential housemates would need to go through the application process with Churchill realestate (provide 100 points of ID & application form) for approval.
Looking for 2 new housemates (we like to keep a spare room for guests)
No preference for couples / gender / race / sexuality / students / smokers (outside only) as long as you pay rent on time, respect our place & keep the common areas clean we would love to meet you :)
Rooms available from 22nd September upstairs both unfurnished:
Large room 1 (would be great for a couple)
Dimensions 4.9m long x 4.4m wide
- Built in wardrobes, multiple shelves, hanging rack
- Windows with fly screens face our backyard and the CBD
- Ceiling fan
- 2nd door on the right when you come up the stairs
Med / Large room 2
- Dimensions 3.2m wide x 3.3m long
- Built in wardrobes with double shelving, hanging rack & mirror on the wall
- Windows with fly screens (face the neighbours backyard)
- Ceiling fan
- Across the hall from the bathroom & toilet
Medium room 3 (if we had a couple in room 1 we would leave this as a spare or have 3 single people in all 3 available rooms)
- Dimensions 2.4m wide x 3.8m long
- Built in wardrobes with double shelving & hanging rack
- Mirror and vanity bench built in to the left of the wardrobe
- Windows with fly screens face outdoor bbq area & overlook our backyard
- First room at the top of the stairs on the left
The 2 or 3 new housemates would share a bathroom upstairs. Its very large with built in cupboards for towels and toiletries, as well as cupboards under the sink and 3 x drawers. The toilet is a seperate cubicle.
The lounge and dining area upstairs will have the furniture removed (it belongs to the current housemate who is taking it when he moves out on 20th Sept).
Prefererable for new tennants to have couches / dining table / bbq / outdoor setting / tv....
Other cool things about the house:
- 4 x undercover garage car parks (2 x in each garage) & driveway parking too
- 4km from the Fortitude Valley (less than $20 home in a cab after a night out!)
- Washing machine & 2 x outdoor clothes lines (1 x undercover, 1 x in the yard)
- Kitchen fully stocked with utensils, microwave, oven, grill, dishwasher, slow cooker, toaster, sandwich maker, coffee machine, milk frother, rice cooker, food processor, pans, plenty of pantry & cupboard space etc
- Spare fridge available to use (or bring your own)
- Our own built in bar with bar stools upstairs for making cocktails
- Highspeed broadband internet with unlimited downloads ($80 per month shared between housemates)
- Huge grassy backyard great for entertaining & friendly neighbours with a pool!
- Outdoor bbq area upstairs (currently no bbq & outdoor setting will be gone so we would love someone who had their own!)
- Tiles throughout the house & bathrooms for ease of cleaning & cool in summer (except carpet in bedrooms)
- Large air con / heating unit in the living room upstairs
- Ping pong table & darts board downstairs
- One of the garages is also used as a gym / yoga area, with some kettlebells, weights, skipping ropes, bosu ball, stretch bands, foam roller, trigger ball & other equipment for use
The fine print:
Bills for electricity, gas & water all shared quarterly between housemates.
Rent: the house is $760 per week
Currently 3 of us are paying $254 per week
If there are 4, we each pay $190 per week
If there are 5, Red & Allan would pay $180 (because we have our own bathrooms) and the 3 upstairs sharing the large bathroom would pay $135 per week
Bond is $500 - no lock in date with the lease but 3 weeks notice is preferred before vacating so we can readvertise
Red - 31YOF: Full time student (paramedic and nursing), works part time as an assistant nurse at the RBWH (lives downstairs)
A 15 year old fox terrier "Neville" and a 3 legged cat "Ninja" reside downstairs with Red - No other pets allowed unfortunately
Allan - 27YOM: Works full time as a car salesman, drives for uber and has personal business projects (upstairs in main bedroom with ensuite)
We are both very social and like to chat / hang out when home together, but we are also busy people that aren't often home at the same time due to work, study or sporting commitments.