|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 6 months|
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||Off street parking|
Close to all that inner city Sydney has to offer, my house is near the best cafes, galleries, transport, theatre, parks, and universities in town.
The house is a 19th Century sandstone terrace that was completely gutted and rebuilt last year. Everything is brand new except the original front facade and we are the first people to live here since the rebuild. This includes dishwasher, gas cooktop, heated floors, double shower heads, all Miele appliances, timber floorboards, built in wardrobes, soft close doors and drawers, dimmable lights, instant gas hot water, etc etc.
The room available is a second bedroom with built in wardrobes, sash windows, and an exposed sandstone heritage feature wall.
I park my car on the street, so there is a secure car space in the back yard, with electric roller door, available at a little extra cost.
I am looking for one person only, no couples please.
Hello potential housemates. I am Jack:
- An architect who also works full time in Surry Hills.
- I lead a very active life and, despite living in an awesome house, am very rarely in it.
- I'm out most nights.
- I only use the kitchen when entertaining friends.
- I like nice, minimal, good quality things. If you're looking for somewhere to hang your Hello Kitty posters, please look elsewhere.
- I occasionally spend some down time relaxing at home, listening to jazz, watching Arrested Development reruns, or just reading.
- I have a very full social life and am out most weekends. I love to party, but prefer to do it outside of the house.
- I go back to my home town (Byron Bay) about every 4-5 weeks, so am sometimes away from the house a few days at a time.
Ideally, you should be:
- A fun, smart, witty, clean, active, happy, funny person who doesn't take anything too seriously.
- Open minded, progressive and gay-friendly.
- Not religious.
- Working or studying full time, or leading a very active, fulfilling life. If your idea of a good time is sitting on the couch for 60 hours a week, you'll make me sad, and you'll make yourself sad.
- Someone who likes their home to be neat, organised, and well kept.
- Someone who knows how to have fun.