Private room with shared bathroom
|Room Type||Private room|
|Furnishing||Flexible with furnishings|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 6 months|
|Gender||Females & males (no couples)|
Charges for the room
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Some included in rent|
|Internet||Included in rent|
|Parking||Off street parking|
WHAT YOU GET.
Up for offer is 1 private room in a 2 bedroom apartment AND 1 secure off-street, covered car space. Move-in date is negotiable, but ideally before END OF NOVEMBER. Photos taken 16/10/16.
SPACE. The building was built in 1993 and is really big for an apartment. The building is a low-rise apartment block with a lovely internal common area courtyard. There is one large shared bathroom which has a bathtub and integrated shower, along with a washing machine and dryer. The room itself can easily fit a single or double / queen bed and a table / desk. There are built-in wardrobes as well. There is one large west-facing window in the bedroom which catches the afternoon sun. The combined lounge / dining room with open plan kitchen is also HUGE! There an east-facing balcony and window which catches the morning sun.
CONVENIENCE. The Route 1 tram stop is across the road (which can get you to Flinders Street Station in 7 minutes) and there's easy access to the Route 55 and St Kilda Rd trams as well. There is also an IGA supermarket and Chemist Warehouse a block away. You could also walk to Coles and Woolworths South Melbourne / South Melbourne Markets within 10-15 minutes respectively.
AMENITY. Another valuable attribute is the peace and quiet. Even though this is considered "Southbank", it's far cry from the hustle and bustle of the riverside restaurants and bars and Crown Casino. It feels much more like the suburbs, yet is still super close to all things work and play.
Things at the apartment:
Stuff remaining at the apartment which you will be able to use are as follows:
- dining table and chairs,
- washing machine,
- vacuum cleaner,
- plates, cups, pots and pans.
Bedroom furniture - I'm indifferent as to whether I take it or not.
Cost breakdown / Bills:
- Rent is $215 per week, but $934.50 is deducted monthly via direct debit by the real estate. This is because a month is calculated as 4 and a third weeks (52 weeks / 12 months = 4.33).
- Internet is currently hooked up at the property for $44.50 a month for 250GB (i.e. $89 for 500GB split in two). As the internet plan is contracted, the person moving in will need to continue to uphold the contract.
- Water bills ARE included in the rent.
- Electricity is NOT included and is split in two whenever the bill roll in.
- This brings the total to $979 a month, including everything except electricity; hence $226 per week.
Other fees / bond.
- You will need to be willing to be listed on the lease.
- There is a $165 tenant transfer fee charged by the real estate that you will need to pay (as Nigel paid one when he came on to the lease).
- The bond is $1275 and will need to be paid to Nigel. Then the bond certificate at the RBTA will have Nigel taken off and you added.
The rental contract will end in September 2017, but you can move out earlier than that if you wish, provided you can find someone else to move in (like what I'm doing now). After this period the lease will go month to month.
If you got through all of that and are still interested, please do send me a message for an inspection / chat.
US: I'm Nigel and I'm sadly moving out of this awesome apartment in Southbank, so you won't need to know too much about me! You would be living with one male university student (Abram) who occupies the other bedroom. He's a really easy going guy and keeps himself busy studying full time, whist working part time.
We'd like someone who is respectful and is generally tidy without being OCD about it. We don't stick to weekly cleaning rosters or anything like that; each of us are happy to pitch in where needed and do our bit to keep the cleaning and maintenance fair. Best to raise any concerns or how you would like thing to work when come and meet us!