|Room Type||Private room|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 2 months|
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||On street parking|
You will be staying in a fully furnished provincial bedroom facing the courtyard, you will be sharing a bathroom. Everything in the apartment has been interior designed in the spirit of French provincial, contemporary and industrial styles.
The room has a soft and heavenly queen bed-a mattress topper, spacious built in wardrobe, extra storage space and a study table. I am open to you bringing your own small furnishings however, it must suit the style of the interior design.
Location: Very convenient!!
Getting to UNI-Bruce, opposite UC, 2 mins walk to 300 Blue Rapid, next to the 3 and 7 inner city bus lines. It is 3 stops from ANU and takes 10-15 mins to get there.
Getting to Shopping centres: It is 10 minutes to Belconnen Westfield, 10 Minutes to Canberra City. There are street cafes and convenience stores located in the complex.
Price: $225/week excluding bills such as electricity and internet. This will be split evenly amongst the tenants. Water is already covered. There is secured underground car park. The bond is 4 weeks rent and will be returned to you on your departure provided you give more than 3 weeks notice of departure. You will sign a contract to stay here for the period of time. Long term stay- more than 6 months is preferable.
Room available from 26th October.
The housemate MUST BE
1) CLEAN AND TIDY:
The tenant must help me do cleaning once/twice a week- oe take bins out. If you do not clean up after yourself: ie wash plates & cooking utensils after use, leave messes around the house, do not help take out the bin - we will probably not make a happy household. What needs to be done? Vacuuming, mopping, cleaning kitchen, dining area. A person who stays in the apartment must have an acceptable level of cleanliness. :)
2) Respectful of others, not making unreasonable noise after midnight nor invite an excessive number of people and throw wild parties. I am a later year uni-student and pretty much over college parties. Soz.
3) Pay their rent and electricity bills on time and not give dumb excuses as to why they can’t pay. They must be fiscally responsible and have a stable source of money/income whether its from family or work.
4) Is easy going and friendly
5) Has a personality – could be humorous and fun. Ie would prefer if the person didn’t hole themselves in their room all the time à la ‘unilodge style’
6) I also occasional hosts guests as part of my interest in meeting other people of different cultures around the world. So you must be OK with living with guests. Some people I have met include Norwegians, Germans, French, Chinese and Indians.
Ideal people include: (Long list- I know right?)
1) A couple is ok.
2) It would be awesome if you liked playing board games, chess or like puzzles.
3) Non-smoker: I am not entirely discounting smokers, but absolutely no smoking inside the house. Absolutely no drugs.
4) Enjoy watching TV series, movies and Netflix
5) Enjoys home cooking, various styles.
6) Not be passive aggressive, nasty or have bitchy tendencies
7) Is a person who enjoys travelling, learning about other cultures and languages.
Who am I?
I'm an ANU BSc/LLB student. I like to play tennis, watch movies, series anime, hang out with my friends, learn about other cultures and languages, I love to meet new people. I occasionally host guests from around the world! I love pop culture, art, foreign films and discussing about stuff in general :)
Thanks for reading this really long post, congratulation for getting to the bottom of the ‘essay’. I’ve made the list really detailed and specific cause I really care about my living environment. Message me if you are interested in staying here.
Look forward to speaking with you!
I’m Leonard 23 and I study Bachelors of Science and Laws. I watch foreign films, play tennis & board games, study, travel, and like to learn about other culture/languages. I would like to befriend my housemate and not live with a stranger. I recently just broke up so I'm in unchartered territory as I did not choose my housemates before.
|Eardley St after Thynne St||Close by|
|Thynne St before Traeger Ct||Close by|
|Haydon Dr after College St||~ 3 min walk|
|Haydon Dr Fern Hill Park||~ 5 min walk|
|Haydon Dr opp Radford College||~ 5 min walk|
|Haydon Dr after University Dr||~ 5 min walk|
|College St Radford College||~ 6 min walk|
|Thynne St after Lampard Cct||~ 7 min walk|
|Thynne St after Slowey Pl||~ 8 min walk|
|College St University of Canberra||~ 9 min walk|
|Watkin St after Thynne St||~ 10 min walk|
|College St opp University Of Canberra||~ 10 min walk|
|Plunge Cafe & Florist||Close by|
|Bruce Takeway||Close by|
|Retro Cafe||~ 6 min walk|
|Capital Chemist University Of Canberra||~ 12 min walk|
|Sizzle cafe||~ 12 min walk|
|Tampered Coffee||~ 12 min walk|
|Mizzuna Cafe||~ 13 min walk|
|Sea Salt Dining||~ 13 min walk|
|Ellacure Restaurant||~ 14 min walk|
|The Well||~ 14 min walk|
|Double K UC||~ 14 min walk|
|Oscar's Bakery Cafe||~ 15 min walk|
|University of Canberra||~ 7 min walk|
|Supabarn Express Kaleen||~ 20 min walk|