|Room Type||Private room|
|Furnishing||Flexible with furnishings|
|Available||Dec 10, 2016|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 3 months|
|Bond||2 weeks rent|
|Bills||Some included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||On street parking|
I'm new to Brisbane, bought a place and need a housemate to share expenses. It's a big townhouse, three bedroom, two bathroom, three toilet, one downstairs for guests, I assume.
It's got a small courtyard that I plan to renovate, and maybe paint interior of house. It's convenient for location, near regular buses, seems to be a quiet set of townhouses.
Shared pool onsite, will have unlimited internet data at 25/5 speed. Air conditioning downstairs, may consider bedrooms. Two cats in residence, twin brothers, red point Siamese. Chatty little buggers. Their demands are generally food related.
House rules I guess we will negotiate, I've lived alone for 9 years so will need to adjust too. Shared bills: internet, electricity. Included bills: water, rates. Single lock up garage, but other car parks are available at complex. Townhouse is two storey, about 10 years old. Seems well designed, should be able to live alongside each other without complaint. I'll have an ensuite, you'll have main bathroom. Third bedroom will be empty for guests, with double bed, and storage space. Carpets upstairs, tiles downstairs. I move in on December 2, but need time to sort my stuff out before new tenant moves in. If urgent, and we get along, I may be able to allow you to move soon after.
Open day for inspection should be 3-4th December, by appointment, assuming my settlement day goes in order.
I'm 32, male, full time employed, M-F. Usually leave home at 7am, back in late arvo, then gym. I work at South Brisbane, near Mater Hospital.
I gym pretty regularly, take my training and diet seriously. Not that I mind indulging either. I'm a fairly competent home cook and baker, but generally stick to routine foods for myself. I don't want to live in a place where fridge shelves have housemate names, but also don't want people eating my food without asking either. I'm single, gay and want to be more social. I'm moving from Maryborough, so would appreciate living a life with a little more excitement. I can be generous and supportive, but also have times where I'd rather just hang out alone. I'm open to any gender and sexual orientation, single or partnered, and possibly even couples, although rent may adjust. I'd prefer employed, or full time student/s.
Mutual respect is obviously key, and communicating properly. If it doesn't work out, bond is refunded and everything is done respectfully. I will respect your rights as a tenant.
I have no allergies or dietary issues. I'm a little sloppy (but hygienic) having lived alone, but hopefully a housemate can encourage me to get my shit together. I may consider a visiting cleaner if that's preferred.
Anyone interested, please reply to the following questions...
3. Best contact number:
4. Preferred move in date (after December 9):
5. How long would you prefer your lease to be?
6. How comfortable are you with a shared bathroom?
Very Uncomfortable - Uncomfortable – Neutral – Comfortable - Very Comfortable
7. Do you have any appliances/furniture you plan to bring with you?
8. Do you have any pets?
9. Can you describe your weekday routine?
10. Can you describe your weekend routine?
11. How often do you clean your current house?
12. Do you prefer to clean the house yourself, or share weekly costs of a paid cleaner?
13. Do you prefer to share all/most meals, or generally cook separately?
14. Do you have paid employment/steady income?
15. Can you provide any references regarding your housemate history?
16. Do you like to have friends over or keep the party outside?
17. Do you smoke? Indoors/outdoors?
18. Do you have any food or environmental allergies?
19. Do you have any dietary preferences? Vegan, vegetarian, etc?
20. Do you have any preferred ‘house rules’?
21. Is there anything else you would like to describe about yourself?
You need to be logged in, verified & upgraded to view social content.