|Room Type||Private room|
|Furnishing||Flexible with furnishings|
|Length of Stay||Flexible|
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||Off street parking|
The house is a spacious 3 bedroom specimen in quiet streets of Downer. There is:
• A well sized (and fully furnished) living room/dining area
• A carpeted sunroom which is great for enjoying the summer warmth while not burning
• New bathroom and separate toilet
• Easily maintained backyard, with sufficient space for lazing in the sun
• Single garage (currently occupied by a car) but with space for bikes etc
• A small but nice deck with covered BBQ
There is also no risk of too many chefs spoiling the broth as the kitchen isn’t huge (but is perfectly functional for a house of three).
The room in question is the largest in the house, measuring 3.63m by 3.09m (not including a large built in wardrobe), and easily fits a queen bed and desk.
Location wise, the house is:
• Approximately 100m from a bus stop with direct route to the city (takes about 15 minutes)
• 45 minute walk or 15 minute ride to the city (it is about 4.5km away)
• Walking distance to Watson shops (1km) or Dickson shops (2km)
• No known swooping magpies (but check out www.magpiealert.com if you are skeptical)
In terms of our house, we are currently a gender balanced house (of two) looking for someone to disrupt that balance (also, we are not a couple). We both fit in the category of ‘young professionals’ and also the bracket of ‘mid to late 20s’. We are both socially and environmentally conscious types (with a semi-successful compost bin and some more alive than dead herbs).
We enjoy the fact that we live in a social house – this includes hanging out, listening to music, cooking together once or twice a week (although not on a stringent schedule) and having a red wine or beer/cider (with associated chats) when the mood is upon us. We play social sports also which is not a pre-requisite for you… but the option is always there for you to join.
We are both flexible but do have some things we will be looking for in our new housemate:
• Social and happy to join in us doing cooking, chatting, drinking, living things outlined above
• A tidy (but not sterile) soul who would be happy doing a scheduled cleaning thing (to be worked out for you)… as well as keeping things tidy as they go.
• Non smoker preferred.
Rent for the room is $175 a week, paid monthly as a total of $760.41. Bond is $666.68. We split bills etc