|Room Type||Private room|
|Furnishing||Flexible with furnishings|
|Available||Jan 14, 2018|
|Length of Stay||Minimum 6 months|
|Bond||4 weeks rent|
|Bills||Not included in rent|
|Internet||Available but not included in rent|
|Parking||Off street parking|
A gorgeous nook up Mount Dandenong (Sassafras), 8 minutes drive from Belgrave station (just 1 train into city) and 8 minutes from supermarket. 1 room for rent, all household items provided including all kitchen appliances, gas heater and split system heating/cooling, washer/ dryer, 2 fridges 1 freezer, microwave, big tv, foxtel, Telstra internet. We are on tank water (3 water tanks) so water is basically free, and we split monthly cost of electricity, gas, and internet/foxtel.
Beautiful community up in the Hills with regular markets and community activities, in all the surrounding suburbs you’ll find wonderful creative shops, hand-made art by local artists, and health food shops. I’m right near tourist attractions like Puffing Billy, Miss Marple’s Tea Room, Mangana and Cuckoo restaurant.
My property is surrounded by hundred year old ferns, gorgeous tall trees and a variety of flowers, and even has a little stream that runs through part of the property. It’s on almost an acre, with half of the property being dense bush which is great to hide in for some tranquil thinking time. I have placed some outdoor furniture in different beautiful spots around the property to go chill out. I want to start creating a veggie patch soon so we can grow and eat our own veggies. As there’s no big trees right next to the house, we get loads of lovely sunshine streaming through the windows.
There is plenty of parking and enough room for storage underneath the house for your things. I have decorated the rest of the house how I want it so not heaps of room for furniture or decorations outside of your room.
There’s an enormous array of amazing bush walks and trails walking distance from the house- great for dogs walks! The fresh air up here is incredible, and the peace and quiet is heavenly.
ANIMALS: I have 2 gorgeous kittens & eventually I’ll be getting chickens and possible a ferret, your animal/s are welcome if they get along with other animals. The area doesn’t allow cats outside to protect the wildlife, so I had built a large animal enclosure for animals to run and play outside. Eventually I’ll build a cat-run from the bathroom to the enclosure so the cats can come and go as they please.
Your room will be 3.4x3.5m in size, and won’t have any furniture in it, unless you need it furnished which can be arranged.
* Contract starts 3 months and then can be extended from there to 6 months.
* Need someone from the beginning of January 2018.
I love to have friends over for little shindigs like dinners and board game nights, and a few times a year I’ll have a party, but it’s not a raging party household.
There’s a double garage at the house where I’ll be running a photography studio out of in the next year, so occasionally I’ll have client meetings at the house. The downstairs area is primarily my work space, but there’s an art and craft and sewing section, which you’re welcome to use sometimes, I think I’m going to sew WAY more than I actually do.
I’m looking for a tenant who:
- Is happy to help keep the garden/lawn looking nice
- Loves animals – very important!
- Pays bills on time, someone with regular income
- Is queer friendly as I’m bisexual
- Likes to keep a clean space, particularly the kitchen & bathroom
- Doesn’t mind me singing, I sing a lot, usually made up songs about whatever is around me and I talk to the animals quite a bit
- Ideally a woman in 30s
- You’re thinking of staying for at least 6 months
Bit about me:
- I’m obsessed with cats
- I love rainbows and will be painting the house in rainbow colours in the next year
- I’m a workaholic (running photography businesses as working 4 days a week in Collingwood)
- I love downtime with my kittens and watching standup comedy
- I love making meals together (but like to keep our food in general fairly separate)
- I have a cheeky sense of humour
- I'm 31