POSITION TAKEN - Legal, Policy, Communications Intern: paid, part-time, flexible
Flatmates.com.au is looking for a Legal, Policy, and Communications Allrounder to join our exciting workplace and growing team!
Who we are looking for?
We’re looking for a talented all-rounder to lead our legal education, law reform, and policy initiatives while assisting the PR and community team. Flatmates.com.au has developed a significant law reform and policy agenda over the past year- you will be taking over this process and be working with the team to influence policymakers and other key stakeholders about the importance of share accommodation.
To apply, you must:
- Be a 2nd to 4th year law student.
- Be able to quickly comprehend and analyse complex legal concepts, and understand how they relate to the real world.
- Ability to write in formal and informal contexts.
- Have initiative and be able to work autonomously and set your own work agenda.
- Be able to communicate complex legal and policy ideas to a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Have a keen interest in policy and government engagement.
- Enjoying working in a team environment.
- Experience in writing, communications, PR, or similar.
- Knowledge of the legal and policy challenges of share accommodation (or a desire to learn about them!)
- Strong academic record.
- Have lived in share accommodation (i.e. a share house).
- Be passionate about law reform, the share economy, and making the world a better place.
What you’ll be doing at Flatmates.com.au
The role is dynamic and very flexible. Law reform and policy initiatives are done on a state-by-state basis meaning that the nature and intensity of the work will vary over time. Working with the PR and Community team, you will also have the opportunity for more regular, sustained work in helping to manage the Flatmates.com.au community and contribute to the wider communications strategy.
Some of the initiatives and tasks you will or may be engaged in include:
- Writing law reform and policy submissions for State and Territory governments.
- Engaging in ongoing consultation with government and other stakeholders about share accommodation.
- Writing blog posts and articles about the legal implications of share accommodation.
- Keeping the legal education resources up to date and in conformity with best practice.
- Moderation for the Flatmates.com.au community.
- Developing PR and communications initiatives as part of the Community team.
Flatmates.com.au is Australia’s third largest real estate website and the biggest share accommodation site (by traffic). We have over one million page views per day and over 50,000 daily users.
You will become a part of our small team who are forward-thinking and passionate about building great products. We offer a flexible work environment and relaxed culture. We believe everyone has something important to offer, which is why we operate on a flat company structure with no hierarchy. Your contributions will directly influence the direction of the business and the effectiveness of our products.
We have the resources and stability of a large company but the culture and atmosphere of a startup.
Where are we?
Our offices are located in a large converted warehouse (with a huge rooftop terrace) just a few minutes walk from Sydney’s Central Station.
Applicants must be permanent residents of Australia.
To apply please email Thomas directly: email@example.com